Pumpkin Pistachio Palmiers Simple Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge
I choose the pistachio and cardamom flavor, knowing it would be prefect for making French Palmiers. I just knew the subtle flavor of cardamom blended with holiday flavor of pumpkin purée and cinnamon sugar would make a delightfully crispy treat. The result, is a perfectly crisp palmier with a hint of delicious holiday pumpkin flavor.
A Cinch to make, frozen puff pastry takes all the hard work out of making this delicious cookie not to mention, the flavor variety’s of the Simply Sesame spreads offer a vast versatility in recipe creation.
Simply Sesame states that all spreads are GMO free and packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids (and without additives, sugars, or colors), and will leave you with long-lasting high energy.
You can find Simply Sesame products directly from www.simplysesame.com on Amazon.com and local speciality stores in your area.
Follow Simply Sesame on Facebook Twitter and Instagram
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 20 min
Total Time 40 min
1. 2 puff pastry sheet(s)
2. 3/4 cup granulated sugar
3. 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
4. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
5. ¼ teaspoon cardamom
6. 1 10 ounce Container Simply Sesame Pistachio with a hint of Cardamom
7. 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
8. ¼ cup chopped pistachios
9. 2 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to the package instructions
3. Roll pastry out on a floured surface to smooth and even out the edges
4. Mix the sugar and spices spice together in a small bowl
5. In another small mixing bowl combine, 1 simply sesame spread, pumpkin puree and
6. 1 tablespoon sugar mixture
7. Spread ½ the wet mixture in a thin layer over each puff pastry
8. Sprinkle the flavored sugar evenly over each pastry. Reserve about 2 tablespoons for sprinkling over palmiers
9. Roll one side of the pastry dough to the halfway mark, and repeat with the other side.
10. Use a sharp knife to cut the cookies about 1/2 an inch thick, then place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
11. Sprinkle with any additional flavored sugar
12. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until slightly puffy, and remove from the oven.
13. Carefully flip all the cookies over, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and sesame seeds and return to the oven for 6-10 minutes, or until the center is cooked through and the edges are golden.
14. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
By Rebecka Evans
At Home with Rebecka http://athomewithrebecka.com/